Latvian Lutheran Church Camp is seeking a nurse to work for a two-week session this summer: July 14 - July 28, 2018.
• Be able to practice in the State of New York. If out of state license, we will register and reimburse for NY state license
• Pediatric or camp experience a plus
• Ability to manage health forms and paperwork
• Enjoy working with kids aged 6 -14 years
• Hard-working, enthusiastic, and committed to the safety and well-being of campers
• Adaptable and comfortable living in a camp setting and interacting positively with other camp staff
• Good communicator with campers, staff, and parents
• Friendly, happy, with a good sense of humor (laughter can be the best medicine)!
• Ability to originate, update, and/or monitor health care, maintain records, implement a health plan
• Ability to make decisions and take initiative
• Bilingual in Latvian and English preferred but not mandatory
1. Pre-Arrival camper health form review with help from former nurse
2. Establishing health needs during camper arrival time
3. Overall health and well-being of campers and staff
4. Medication administration
5. Illness and injury management
6. Overnight on-call hours
7. Activate urgent care or higher level of care if needed
8. Communication with parents
9. Healthcare documentation
NYS (preferably) registered RN, LPN, PA, or EMT
Comparable per diem rate adjusted to weekly rate, room and board, laundry, NY license reimbursement (if needed) and time to enjoy all the facilities that our camp has to offer including tennis, lakefront living, beautiful trails, boating, and lake swimming.
You may apply for one or both weeks. Two weeks preferable.
Questions or to apply:
Conctact Ieva Alversons firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the camp: http://www.katskilunometne.org/home